Seascape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seascape

Life in Miramar Beach and the surrounding planets

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Start Menu Programs by Erin

Go down 
AuthorMessage
justdhf
Admin
justdhf

Start Menu Programs by Erin Empty
PostSubject: Start Menu Programs by Erin   Start Menu Programs by Erin Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:48 am

How often do you look at the items under your Start menu? What's all there? Is everything that's listed there really necessary? Well, either way you answer that last question, you may notice that in the very first column of your Start menu, there's a list of programs. You may also notice that those are programs you've recently used. Continue reading as I explain what exactly it is I'm rambling on and on about!

With Windows, you can choose how many "recently used" programs show up in your Start menu. For example, right now, I have three programs listed. There's the System Restore feature, Microsoft Word and the Calculator. Now, those are three programs I visit on a pretty regular basis, so I like to have them there for easier access. Maybe you feel the same way or maybe you'd like to have more or less there. Whichever way you prefer, this is how you can control it.

Right click on the Start button and choose Properties. From there, make sure you're under the Start Menu tab. Then click on the Customize button and make sure you're under the General tab. Then look toward the middle of the box. It's there that you can either increase or decrease the number of programs that will be listed first in your Start menu. Like I said above, mine is set to three, but you can set yours to zero or go all the way up to 30. It's completely up to you. The more you have there, the faster you can access those programs, but if that's not your style, choose something different. You're the only one in control. Oh yeah!

~ Erin
Back to top Go down
http://domania.us/justdhf/index.html

Start Menu Programs by Erin
Page 1 of 1