Life in Miramar Beach and the surrounding planets

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Evaluation of the Results of Whole Blood Volatile Solvents Testing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
justdhf
Admin

PostSubject: Evaluation of the Results of Whole Blood Volatile Solvents Testing    Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:52 pm

I find this article rather amusing and insulting.

Article HERE

I worked in the Louisiana oilfield's back in the early 80's. I worked on a Workover Rig, also called a Pulling Unit. When a well flowed it was our job to stop the oil flowing out of the well. Now this oil was blowing 60 to 80 feet into the air. We had to jump in there and cap the well off. We got totally soaked in crude oil. Not a dry spot on us. We wiped off with rags the best we could and proceeded to work again. We didn't clean that stuff off of us until we got home that night.

This happened 3 times during my 3 years in the oilfield. Each time I came down with pnuemonia and had to be admitted to the hospital. Something in the crude oil made my nose run and that fed my chest and turned into pnuemonia. That was crazy. I didn't associate the oil and pnuemonia until the 2nd time it happened a year later. The 3rd time it happened the Doctor took me into the xray room and pointed out a spot on my lung and told me that was the beginning of emphysema. The 3rd exray was taken 9 months after the 2nd exray. I got emphysema from having repeated pnuemonia. I found out later it's called petroleum pneumonia.

I went to the LSU Allergy Clinic in Shreveport, La in 1984 to see if something could be done so I could keep my job. Unfortunately nothing could be done and I had to quit my job.
The doctor ran test for allergies for the normal stuff and they were all negative. He told me to get some crude oil in a bottle which I did. He told me to come back in 2 weeks and he would tell me what in the crude oil was causing the problem. I returned in 2 weeks and the doctor told me he had some bad news. If he ran the test he would be fired and the LSU hospital would have to pay a hefty fine. The government protects companies from any law suits against them. I don't want to sue anyone I just want to know what the problem is so maybe I can keep my job long enough to find another way to make a living. Jobs were scarce where I lived.

I moved to Nashville, TN in 1987. I lived and worked there till 1998.
I worked in Precast Concrete for about 5 years and the rest I was a painter.

I moved to Florida in 1998. I made a living painting Houses.
I had not seen a Doctor since 1984. In Jan. of 2000 I came down with the Flu. I went to a walk in clinic.
They took an x-ray and told me I was border line chronic Emphysema.

In June 2003 I came down sick again and went to the same Walk in Clinic again.
They took an x-ray. I was told I have chronic Emphysema.

Ever since the BP Gulf Oil Disaster I see commercials about studying the effects of oil on the clean up workers. Are they kidding me?
Now all of a sudden there is this big concern about health and crude oil and humans.

Go study the people who work in the oilfield and get covered in crude oil.
And what about the Gulf War and all our troops who couldn't escape the burning oil wells. Those studies were covered up and hidden.

OIL FIRES, PETROLEUM AND GULF WAR ILLNESS

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://domania.us/justdhf/index.html

Evaluation of the Results of Whole Blood Volatile Solvents Testing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1