Seascape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seascape

Life in Miramar Beach and the surrounding planets

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Snowbirds migrate to Winter Guest Fest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
justdhf
Admin
justdhf

Snowbirds migrate to Winter Guest Fest  Empty
PostSubject: Snowbirds migrate to Winter Guest Fest    Snowbirds migrate to Winter Guest Fest  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:41 pm

Kari C. BarlowDaily News

OKALOOSA ISLAND — Sue Cummins was dressed for the golf course when she strolled into Emerald Coast Convention Center early Friday.

Sporting a white ball cap and a white jacket, the Missouri snowbird was one of hundreds of visitors, some from as far away as Nova Scotia, who turned out for the 2011 Winter Guest Fest.

“I come to look for golf deals and to see old friends,” Cummins said with a laugh. “That’s where I’m headed when I’m done here. I love all the sunshine and light down here.”

The annual event, formerly known as the Senior Snowbird Expo, is sponsored by the Greater Fort Walton Beach Chamber of Commerce and showcases dozens of restaurants, museums and hospitals from across the region. Visitors are provided with cloth bags to hold scads of free items — from coffee mugs to pill boxes — and treated to samples from local eateries such as San Gelato Cafe, Helen Back and Papa Murphy’s Pizza.

Read it Here
Back to top Go down
http://domania.us/justdhf/index.html

Page 1 of 1